Masala Dry Chana Dal and Moong Dal Namkeen recipe | Namkeen written recipe with all tips and Video
Masala Chana Dal and Moong Dal Namkeen are crunchy , common, time-tested savoury that none can avoid. The crispiness of the deep-fried Chana Dal and Moong Dal , paired with the tongue tickling seasoning makes it a great addictive and delicious.
It is a priceless, intensely satisfying experience to pop some of these into your mouth before you sip your hot tea or coffee. !
A crunchy savory , delicious jar snack which is loved by all age group.. One can enjoy this directly or can be used in some tangy chaat or with puffed rice or just with anything… Just add some chopped onions , tomatoes and some lemon juice, your toungue tickling quick chaat is ready 🙂 🙂
Regular reader of this blog, till now must got idea about my new love for IDHAYAM Mantra Groundnut Oil I have fried this crispy Crunchy Namkeen in IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL
- Make sure , both Dals are soaked well for perfect result .
- Fry batch wise.
- Always fry on Medium to High flame to make perfect crispy and crunchy.
- To Roast in oven , just spread soaked and dried dal in a plate with just half tbsp Oil . Rub well . Bake at 200C for 18 to 20 mins. Once done, add all spices and crunchy munchy Namkeen is ready.
Checkout the Quick Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Masala Chana Dal & Moong Dal Namkeen
Masala Chana Dal & Moong Dal Namkeen
These both crispy crunchy Namkeens are so easy to make and perfect to serve as snacks for munching or to make quick Chaat. Masala Chana Dal and Moong Dal Namkeen can be served with any meal too.
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Black salt
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- First Wash , soak Chana Dal and Moong Dal for 5-6 hrs or overnight or 2-3 hrs in lukewarm water. Dal should be perfectly soaked else it wont turn perfect.
- Drain and dry soaked Dal on a big cloth and allow it to dry for at least 15-20 minutes or till there is no extra water there.
- Heat the IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT oil in a deep pan / Kadai..
- Dip the strainer in it and put the Dal little by little in it and deep-fry on a medium to high flame till it turns crisp. This would take approx. 7 to 8 minutes. Fry in batches. Dal should be crunchy not too hard.
- Once done take out the strainer and put fried dal on absorbant paper to take out access oil if any.
- For Moong Dal, add Salt . Mix well.
- For Chana Dal, add Salt, black salt, Red Chilli powder, Chaat Masala . Mix well and store into air tight container.
- Can be stored for couple of weeks/month.
- To Roast in oven , just spread soaked and dried dal in a plate with just half tbsp Oil . Rub well . Bake at 200C for 18 to 20 mins. Once done, add all spices..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂