Easy and quick Tomato Soup recipe with all tips , step wise pictures and video recipe
Sharing here , my very easy and quick My Style tomato soup recipe . NO CORN FLOUR , NO CREAM yet so tasty , perfectly thick and full of nutrition. One can make with very few and easily available ingredients . Serve this silk smooth , creamy and rich with flavours soup with bread toast. It’s totally bliss.
Generally tomato soup serve with toasted bread or croutons. If you are planning to include in meal then , soup can also be served with Aloo Paratha , Pulao , salads, grilled veggies, spring rolls or Chilli Cheese toast etc etc.
Cold and rainy days definately calls for some appetizing warm meal . What can be better than a quick and very delicious Tomato Soup.No fancy ingredients are required to prepare this soup.
You can checkout the links for some very delicious soups from blogger friends ..
- Caldo Verde by Archana
- Spinach Soup by Poonam
- Mutton soup by Narmadha
- Yellow Peas Soupby Sasmita
- Vegetarian Nacho Soupby Swati
Coming back to recipe , to make perfect Tomato Soup , some points need to be taken care..
Some useful Tips :
- Use ripe tomatoes. Unripe tomatoes are very sour and won’t give nice taste in soup.
- Potato gives lovely thick texture to soup. Friends , who don’t use potatoes can use some chopped bottle gourd too, purpose will be surely solved.
- Fresh Basil leaves also can be added. I added dried one , as it was available .
- Pepper, red chilli flakes, or cinnamon can spiceup and flavour the soup.
- One can also add 1 or 2 Green chillies to bring some more spicy flavour in soup.
- 750 gm Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Beetroot, chopped
- 2 medium sized Carrots , chopped
- 2 small Onions, chopped
- 1 small potato, chopped
- 3 to 4 Garlic cloves , chopped
- Some chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 4 to 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
Heat Butter in a pan or directly in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf.
Add garlic , ginger and onion. Saute for a minute or two . Then , add carrot, beetroot, potatoes . Keep stirring on medium flame. Now add chopped tomatoes , salt and dried basil. (Add fresh basil leaves if available.
Keep stirring and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Later , add 500 to 700 ml water. Cover and cook till it starts boiling. Now transfer to pressure cooker.
Close the lid and cook for 4 whistles on medium flame. Switch off the flame . Let the pressure cooker cools down naturally.
Blend all vegetables smoothly.
Place sieve on same pan. Transfer the blended mixture in it. Filter and discard the leftover .
Again keep this mixture to boil. Add salt, sugar, black pepper powder . Cook for more 3 to 4 minutes.
One can add fresh cream or chopped coriander to garnish. Soup is ready to serve.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂