Babycorn Manchurian is a great example of indo-chinese food. Very delicious, crispy and crunchy, dry version of Manchurian.
I make as a starter and its always a super hit, vanish in couple of minutes. A unique taste of manchurian masala and crispy babycorn is an awesome combo. Take my words you will definitely lick your fingers.
So lets see the detailed recipe of it.
To make the batter:
- 1 packet of baby corn
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- ½ tsp Chilli Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Water as Required
- Oil to shallow fry the baby corn
To make Manchurian Sauce :
- 1 Capsicum , thin sliced
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Medium sized Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 2/3 tsp Garlic finely Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh Coriander
- Salt as required
- 3 tsp oil
Rinse the baby corn in water. Boil for 2-3 mins in hot water. Drain fully.chop them if they are slightly big.
in a bowl mix all the ingredients listed under the batter ingredients except for baby corn and oil. Add water and make a thick batter. Dip the baby corn in the batter and coat them evenly. Allow it to rest for 2-4 mins. shallow fry the baby corn till they are golden brown and crisp.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai. Add the spring onions and stir fry till they become transparent.
- Add the Capsicum, ginger, garlic, green chilies and coriander. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add soya sauce & tomato sauce. Stir and mix well.
- Add the fried baby corn. Stir and season with salt & red chilli powder.
- Stir again till the sauce coats the baby corn evenly.
- Serve baby corn manchurian hot garnished with spring onion greens.
2 thoughts on “BABYCORN MANCHURIAN”
Mouth Watering… wud luv it in winters for sure 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much dear