The carrot and bottle gourd soup , garnish with crunchy-munchy balls made from rice and cheese !An Exotic , delicious soup can be serve as an appetiser or for CHHOTI CHHOTI BHUKH 🙂 🙂
This wholesome soup of carrot and bottle gourd is quite sumptuous . The twist to this soup lies in the crunchy-munchy garnish of rice and cheese balls. Make sure you drop the balls on the soup just before serving to retain the crispness.
Kids will enjoy this soup as cheese bombs will make them tempting 🙂 🙂 One can avoid these balls and adjust spices as per taste.
- 1 cup Carrot chopped
- 1 cup Bottle Gourd chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Chopped
- 1/2 cup Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 3 tsp Fresh Cream
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
For Cheese Balls
- 1/4 cup Processed Cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Cooked Rice
- 1/4 cup Chopped Coriander
- 4 tsp Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
For the soup
- Combine the carrots, bottle gourd, potatoes, onions , Tomatoes, Ginger and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the prepared mixture, milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
For the rice and cheese balls
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Shape them into small balls and deep- fry a few balls at a time.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
How to proceed
Just before serving reheat the soup. In a soup bowl, take some soup . Then pour some fresh cream and add the rice and cheese balls.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂