Very Aromatic, delicious, finger licking , spicy Vegetable with very simple stuffing yet very very tasty. Tempting Stuffing filled in Onions and Baby Potatoes. I have served this delicious curry with very flavourful Ajwain Paratha ..
In this vegetable I have used very simple and basic stuffing as Onions have their own Aroma and taste so I dont want to spoil that taste. And trust me this is perfect stuffing for this vegetable.
Checkout the link for Video recipe of this easy and very tasty combo..
So lets see detailed recipe without taking much time 🙂 🙂
For Ajwain Paratha
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain / Carom Seeds
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Oil , to roast
For Stuffed Onion Potato Curry
- 10 pc Baby Potatoes
- 10 to 12 pc Onions, Small Size
- 6-7 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 3-4 tsp Chopped Green Coriander
- 3 Tomato , puree
- 1/2 cup Crushed Peanuts
- 1/2 cup Crushed Gathiya / Besan
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- 2 tbsp Crushed Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 2/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
In bowl , add all ingredients listed under “for Stuffing”. Mix well and keep aside. If Gathiya is not available, use samw quantity of Roasted Gram Flour / Besan.
Wash and Peel Potatoes and Onions. Make + cut on them in such a way that base will be connected. Fill a spoonful Masala in it.
In a Non stick Pan take oil, once heat add hing and potatoes. Sprinkle some water (1-2 tsp) and cover the pan. Flame should be slow to medium. Keep stirring Occasionally.
Once potatoes gets soft add Onions and again sprinkle some water and mix well. Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 5-6 mins on slow flame.
Later, add tomato puree and half cup of stuffing. Mix and cook will oil separates.
Add 1 cup of water , cover, and simmer for 5 to 6 mins.
Garnish with Chopped Coriander… Serve hot with Roti, paratha, poori with Raita of your choice..
To make Ajwain Paratha,
- In a broad plate take wheat flour, salt, ajwain and oil. Rub well.
- Add water gradually and knead semi tight dough.
- Knead for 2 mins . Cover and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Later, make same sized balls out of dough.
- Take one portion, roll a small paratha.
- Apply some ghee and dry flour. Fold into triangle shape.
- Roll medium thick into same shape.
- Place rolled paratha on hot Tava.
- Flip the side, and cook.
- Apply oil/ ghee both sides and cook till crispy.
- Serve hot with any curry or even a hot cup of Tea…
A very easy, delicious and tasty combination of Spicy curry and flavourful Paratha is ready..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.