Yummy Yummy , mouth melting Sweet 🙂 🙂 Though i don’t love sweets more , Balushahi is one of my most favourite sweet since childhood.. You need lots of patience to make Balushahi, but the end result is worthy . Hope you all will love this 🙂 🙂
- 1.5 cup Maida
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 tbsp Curd
- 4 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Saffron Strands
- Ghee to fry
Before starting the process, i would love to mention few points.
- In this recipe use flour and curd chilled. This will lead to perfect result.
- When you start frying the best batch, at that point of time also Ghee must not be too hot but just warm.
- Frying should be on slow flame. In between if you feel Ghee is getting more hot, switch off the gas. but SLOW FLAME is must.
- For Slow flame , you can keep Tawa in between.
- At time of adding fried Balushahi to syrup make sure Neither Balls nor syrup should be too hot. Warm syrup and warm balls are fair enough.
In a broad bowl sieve Maida and soda . Add ghee and mix well with soft hand. Don’t make ghee hot before adding. Add curd and knead a dough. Dont work hard on dough. Just mix with soft hands.. Now wrap this dough in a smooth wet cloth for 2 hrs.
With very soft hands make small balls press a slight in palm and make a center bit more pressed by your thumb. When u keep this flattened balls in ghee after some time it will come up that time only change the side if its golden brown else let it cook on slow gas. Same procedures on other side. You will find you balls bit FATAFATA . Dont worry such broken sides will give softness. Now keep this half ready Balushahi on tissue paper till it becomes slightly cool.
Don’t add hot balls in hot syrup.
For sugar syrup… take 2 cup sugar and 1 cup water let it boil till it becomes 1 thread thick. Clean the syrup by adding 2 tsp milk. Then add Cardamom Powder and Saffron Strands.
Let the syrup cool for 5 to 7 mins then only add Balushahi and let it soak in sugar syrup for at least 20 mins.
Now take it out and allow to dry for 2 to 3 hr or till its fully firm. Outer layer will be crispy and inner will be soft. Garnish with pistachio slivers. When its fully dry u can store in air tight container…