Instant Green Chilli Pickle /Vadhvani Raita Marcha / Hari mirch ka instant achar recipe with all tips , details , step by step pictures and video recipe..
Instant Green Chilli Pickle is a delicious , tangy and simple pickle recipe where non spicy green chillies are pickled with mustard seeds splits , flavoured and preserved with Lemon juice. This pickle goes well with any indian meal , or even with khakhra.. Sharing here my mom’s full proof recipe…
This pickle can be consumed just within few hours of making and can be stored for couple of months in the refrigerator.
Showing here, how my mom makes since many many years. As I always says , she is a great cook . Since childhood, I am a die hard fan of pickles . Those who follows my blog regularly must be knowing this fact 😍😍😍😍 . My mom makes this pickle so finger licking .
Here, in Chennai I don’t find such – less spicy chillies . So whenever someone visit Gujarat from my this family , I make sure my loved chillies are get parcelled.
I have updated this post with new pictures and some tips …
Sharing here some notes for making and storing this pickle..
- Always use less spicy / no spicy chilli variety for better taste. Here , I have used VADHVANI variety .
- Salt and Lemon quantity should be on higher side, as it works as preservative in pickle.
- Pickle tastes best the next day , still if can’t control one can have it the same day.
- Always crush mustard seed splits and fenugreek seed split before adding. It may give bitter taste in mouth.
- One can avoid fenugreek seed splits in this recipe. But it gives lovely taste and I really like it.
- This pickle stays good for 2 to 3 months . If want more shelf life , soak the chillies in salt water , dry and then proceed. But in this procedure the chillies won’t be that much crispy and it turns soft.
- Always store in clean and air tight glass jar / container. Store in refrigerator .
- Always use dry and clean spoon for pickle.
Let’s checkout the video recipe for the Instant Chilli Pickle….
Checkout 2 quick and easy pickle recipe video
So now , let’s checkout the recipe with step by step pictures …
Wash and pet dry chillies. Use less spicy chillies for better taste. Coarse grind mustard splits and fenugreek splits in a mixer jar. Don’t grind into fine powder.
Cut into slit. One can use whole chillies too. Just make a small cut one side. Stuff the spice mixture and proceed..
Sprinkle grounded split mixture, turmeric powder, salt and oil. Mix well. Make sure all spices coats well on chillies.
Pour lemon juice and mix well. Allow it to soak nicely with spices for minimum 4 to 5 hours.
After 5 to 6 hours , fill in a clean glass jar and store in refrigerator .
INSTANT GREEN CHILLI PICKLE
- 250gm Fresh Green Vadhvani / Bhavnagri Chillies
- 3 tbsp Mustard seeds splits (Rai kuria)
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek seedsSplits (Methi Kuria)
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder / Haldi
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Wash and pet dry chillies. Use less spicy chillies for better taste.
- Coarse grind mustard splits and fenugreek splits in a mixer jar. Don’t grind into fine powder.
- Cut into slit.
- Sprinkle grounded split mixture, turmeric powder, salt and oil. Mix well. Make sure all spices coats well on chillies.
- Pour lemon juice and mix well.
- Allow it to soak nicely with spices for minimum 4 to 5 hours . During this time , mix the pickle after every hour.
- Later, fill in a clean glass jar and store in refrigerator .
- Pickle can be stored for 2 to 3 months in refrigerator.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
2 thoughts on “Instant Green Chilli Pickle /Vadhvani Raita Marcha / Hari mirch ka instant achar”
There is no match to mom’s special green chilli pickle …lip smacking share Ruchi !
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much dear