Pav bhaji is more than a mere snack! it’s a quick meal… Well I gave name HEALTHY to my version of Pav bhaji as I usually include more healthy veggies rather than just potatoes and peas , and of course without compromising on taste.
- 4 pc Potatoes (Peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 2 Big size Carrot (peeled and roughly Chopped)
- 1 Big Size Beetroot (Peeled and roughly chopped)
- ½ cup Cabbage (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Bottle gourd , chopped
- 2 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 ½ cup Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 2 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 2 tsp Pavbhaji Masala (I used Everest)
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- Salt as per taste
- 2/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Butter (I used Amul)
- 2 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Hing
- ½ cup Finely chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- ½ cup Finely chopped Onions
- Some lemon Slices
- Pair of Pav
- Some Butter
In cooker boil all veggies mentioned under To Boil, with some water and salt. Boil on slow flame for 3-4 whistle. Don’t add much water at this stage. When cooker gets cool mash all veggies very nicely with help of masher.
In a heavy bottomed kadai take Butter and Oil. When hot add hing and onions. Saute onions for a minute or two. Add some salt to it. Now add Dry fenugreek leaves, capsicum and tomatoes. Allow to saute till it becomes like a thick puree. Add some turmeric powder, chili powder, pavbhaji masala and mix well. Now again mash this gently. Add a half cup of water and mash again. Allow it to cook nicely.
Now add mashed veggies in it with a cup of water. Add black salt and chopped coriander. Mix very well. Allow it cook till desired consistency , so even all spices will be nicely mixed with with veggies. Add lemon as per taste.
On a tava put a tsp ghee and roast pav both the side.
Serve hot with A Half spoon butter on bhaji and some coriander with hot roasted pav…
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂