Meethe Chawal Recipe | Zafrani Zarda Pulao Recipe | Sweet Rice Recipe with Written and Video recipe
Sweet Saffron Rice or Meethe Chawal or Zarda Pulao – is a very delicious dessert recipe prepared with rice, dry fruits, and saffron which gives it a very nice aroma and color.
A very popular North Indian Rice recipe , prepared with Basmati Rice, Saffron and Sugar. The dish is typically served as a dessert after the meal or during the meal. Typically serves on special occasions and celebrations. Generally, the dish has a bright yellow colour with its appearance due to the use of saffron ( and/ or a pinch of food colour too 😉).
Let’s Checkout the detailed Video Recipe here..
Meethe Chawal / Zarda Pulao
Meethe Chawal Recipe / Easy Zarda Pulao Recipe
- Meethe Chawal can be prepared with leftover rice too.
- Sugar Can be replaced with Jaggery for a healthier version.
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Saffron Strands
- a pinch of Orange food colour
- 3 to 4 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 2 Cardamom (whole)
- 2 Cardamom seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 8 to 10 Cashewnuts, chopped
- 8 to 10 Almonds, chopped
- 8 to 10 Dry Coconut pieces
- 8 to 10 Raisins
- Wash and soak Basmati Rice for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pan. Add Cardamom seeds, cloves and saffron in it.
- Now add soaked rice . Stir gently. Cover and cook on slow flame. Cook for almost 10 minutes. Stir gently in-between.
- Cook rice till 90%. Don’t overcook or don’t make it Mushy.
- Once rice is done, add Sugar in it. Stir gently. Again cover and cook on slow flame.
- Stir in-between very gently.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp Ghee. Add cardamom and dry fruits – Cashews, Almond, rainis, coconut pieces. – Fry till crispy. Immediately pour on rice . Gently Mix.
- Cover and cook till all moisture vanishe.
- Serve Hot
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂