Khakhra Papad Choori is a perfect snack recipe to have something crunchy and tasty as a tea time snack Or tiffin snack Or as a side dish to any meal spread .
Khakhra Papad Choori / Khakhra Chivda is a quick and very easy recipe where we use leftover khakhra pieces with some roasted Papad and routine spices. Feel free to add some roasted gram , peanuts or dry fruits. I have avoided these all to watch my calorie count.
It tastes amazing with cup of piping hot tea . I love to munch it as a side dish with hot rice and dal too.
Khakhra is an essential ingredient here. I have used mixed variety of Khakhras – Plain, Masala , Methi khakhras, one can use any one variety or even mixed. Use Wheat based Khakhra to make it more healthy .
Quantity of papad in this recipe will be totally on your choice. Here, Moong Papad is used in this recipe. Feel free to use any variety of it. I have added roasted papad, even fried ones can be added too. Papad is not good for health so avoid adding too much. We have added for just extra taste and crunch.
Checkout the Video Recipe for Khakhra Papad Choori here…
Recipe Card for Khakhra Papad Choori / Khakhra Chivda
Khakhra Papad Choori
Crispy, Tasty Khakhra Papad Choori is perfect as a tea time snack , tiffin snack or as a side dish with any meal..
- Leftover Khakhra pieces (approx 300gm)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Few Curry Leaves
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) Or Chaat Masala
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar (optional)
- First in a broad plate, take all Khakhra pieces. I have used leftover (broken) khakhra pieces. It’s mixed variety – plain khakhra, methi khakhra, masala khakhra etc. Use what ever is available.
- Crush khakhra with hands. Make is as fine as possible.
- One can use mixer grinder too, but make sure we don’t need want powder texture. I personally prefer with hands . It takes little more time , but a perfect coarse texture it gives.
- Roast 5 to 6 Papad on medium flame (or in microwave).
- Crush papad too like Khakhra .
- In a kadai, heat oil +ghee.
- Once hot, add few curry leaves and sesame seeds. Roast for few seconds .
- Add asafoetida .. Add crushed Khakhra. Cook on slow flame till it’s perfect super crispy.
- Add salt. (Khakhra and Papad both already have salt , so add accordingly)
- Also add cumin powder, amchur powder or chaat masala, red chilli powder , and sugar.
- Sugar is optional but I love that slightly sweet taste.
- Add crushed Papad and mix well. Roast for couple of minutes more .
- Crispy, Tasty Khakhra Papad Choori is ready.
- Serve as a tea time snack or as a side dish to any meal .
- Store in an airtight container upto a month.
- I have used mixed variety of khakhra, one can use which one is available.
- Fried peanuts, roasted gram dal and Masala Sev can be added too.
- Fried Papad can be used too.
- Quantity of Papad is depends of your preference. Papad is not healthy so avoid using more..
. Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected wit ygh me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂