How to make Instant Rava Uttapam | Quick & Easy Sooji Uttapam recipe|
A healthy, quick, easy and very delicious breakfast/ snacks recipe made with Semolina , Oats, Veggies and Spices… This quick Sooji Uttapam can be prepared in total 20 to 25 minutes. It’s also a great option for light dinner and can be served with some Chutney and Idli Podi.
Generally , Uttapam is made with leftover Idli Dosa Batter . Instant Rava Uttapam is a quick version of traditional recipe. In this version, no need for long soaking, ground or fermentation..
In this recipe ,to make it more healthy, I have added roasted and powdered Oats, which is purely optional. One can avoid , if not available.
Instant Sooji Uttapam has so many variations . I am sharing here the most easy variation of Uttapam..
Checkout the detailed Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Instant Rava Uttapam / Quick and Easy Sooji Uttapam
Instant Rava Uttapam
Instant, Easy, Healthy and very Delicious Quick Sooji Uttapam can be served as Breakfast or Snacks or as a meal. Serve with Chutney and Idli Podi ...
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji / Tava
- 1/4 cup Oats Powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 3 tbsp chopped Capsicum
- 3 tbsp grated Carrots
- 3 tbsp grated Beetroot
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Onions
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped Coriander
- 1-2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs (optional)
- Ghee/ Oil to cook Uttapam
- Take Semolina and Oats powder in a bowl.
- Add curd into it. Add little water and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes. Semolina and Oats will absorb most of the water.
- In a bowl take all veggies, i.e. Onions, Carrots, Beetroots, Capsicum, Tomatoes, Coriander, Green Chillies. Add salt and mixed herbs. mix well.
- Check the Semolina and Oats mixture. Curd and water will be absorbed . Of needed add some more water to make batter like consistency.
- Uttapam batter consistency will be thick yet flowing.
- Add salt and give nice whisk. One can add 1 or 2 pinch of Baking Soda to give that fluffy texture.
- Heat a pan. Season with some oil.
- Pour a spoonful batter and spread a little on pan. Uttapam has to be thick so don’t spread much.
- Now be little quick and spread topping on each uttapam.
- Press little with spatula . This way the stuffing won’t come out of Uttapam.
- Pour some Ghee/Oil on edges and cook till crispy.
- Flip the side and cook till crispy.
- If needed pour some Ghee/Oil .
- Serve Hot with coriander chutney or Idli Podi.
- Avoid green chillies if serving to kids.
- One can add 2 pinches of Baking..
- Use Ghee for cooking to make it healthier and tastier .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
2 thoughts on “Instant Rava Uttapam / Quick Sooji Uttapam”
Looks delicious. I would love a bite or two. 😍🍃
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so much
LikeLiked by 2 people