Mint Coriander Pulao / Pudina Dhaniya Rice recipe with all tips , details with step by step pictures and video recipe . Also shared some tips on how to cook rice perfectly to make any pulao or biryani ..
Very colourful , flavourful , quick and amazingly delicious rice variety which is prepared from lots of fresh Mint , Coriander , spices and of course Rice.. Addition of par boiled veggies , gives lovely crunch and taste to pulao. This pulao can be served with choice of Raita , curd along with some papad to enjoy. This can be the best way to use leftover cooked rice. This bachelor’s favourite recipe one must try on weekends or specially when don’t wanna spent more time in kitchen. This is also a good option for tiffin / lunch box…
I served this pulao with Boondi Raita and papad.
Some Variations :
- Spinach can also be used to make pulao more healthy and tasty. Just blanch the palak and make puree. Add it along with mint coriander paste.
- Actually , there is no perfect ratio for mint and coriander in this recipe. I used 2:1 , one can change as per taste.
- Use of coconut, also gives lovely taste.
- I used fried cashews , just for garnishing. One can add some cashews while frying only. Or just simply avoid it.
- This pulao can be directly make in pressure cooker / instant pot . To make in pressure cooker , saute the onions , Veggies and mint paste later cook soaked rice in this paste . Both ways gives very tasty pulao.
Checkout the Video recipe for Mint Coriander Pulao.. If you like my video and recipe, don’t forget to like the video and subscribe my channel , if not done yet…
Now, let’s checkout the detailed recipe with step by step pictures..
Wash and soak Basmati long grain rice with enough water for 30 minutes.. One can use leftover rice too. In that case move directly on 4th step.
Boil plenty of water. Add soaked rice. Add some salt , 1 tbsp Ghee/ oil and few drops of lemon juice. Boil for 8 to 9 minutes on medium flame.
Boil till rice grain is cooked. Make sure it don’t get mashy. Strain when done. Pour glass of fresh water on cooked rice. It will stop further cooking .. Allow it to cool completely..
In a mixer jar blend mint and coriander leaves , green chillies , ginger and curry leaves. Add some salt and lemon juice. Grind smooth. Add some water , if needed. One can add some blanched spinach too.
Heat Ghee and Oil in a pan. Add add whole spices. Roast till fragrant .. Make sure spices don’t get burn.
Add chopped onions . Saute till turn transparent.. Now add capsicum, par boiled vegetables and mint coriander paste. Make sure paste don’t get dark clour.
Add cooked rice . Toss well.sprinkle some water , cover the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Delicious Mint Coriander Pulao is ready to serve. Serve hot with favourite Raita and papad.
Recipe card for Mint Coriander Veg Pulao
Mint Coriander Veg Pulao
Flavourful, Quick, Delicious Mint Coriander Veg Pulao
- 1 cup Basmati Long grain rice (or 3 cup cooked leftover rice )
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee / clarified butter
- 1.5 tbsp Oil
- 2 pc Cardamom
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 small pc Cinnamon
- 2 clove
- 1 pc star Anise
- 2 strands of Mace (javitri)
- 1 cup par boiled Veggies ( French beans, Green Peas , Carrots )
- 1/4 cup chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup Green Capsicum
To make paste
- 2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander
- Some Curry leaves
- 1 piece Ginger, chopped
- 4-5 Green chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Wash and soak Basmati long grain rice with enough water for 30 minutes. If using cooked rice , directly jump to step 4.
- Boil plenty of water. Add soaked rice. Add some salt , 1 tbsp Ghee/ oil and few drops of lemon juice. Boil for 8 to 9 minutes on medium flame.
- Boil till rice grain is cooked. Make sure it don’t get mashy. Strain when done. Pour glass of fresh water on cooked rice. It will stop further cooking .. Allow it to cool completely..
- Pluck and clean Mint and Coriander leaves. Wash the leaves nicely twice.
- In a mixer jar , take mint leaves , coriander leaves , green chillies , ginger and curry leaves. Add some salt and lemon juice. Grind smooth. Add some water , if needed. Keep aside.
- Heat 1.5tbsp Ghee and 1.5 tbsp Oil , or use 3 to 4 tbsp butter. Add whole spices – bay leaf, cinnamon , cloves , mace (javitri), star anise. Roast till fragrant ..
- Add chopped onions . Saute till turn transparent..
- Now add par boiled vegetables and mint coriander paste. Cook for 1 minute. Make sure paste don’t get black clour.
- Add cooked rice . Toss well.sprinkle some water , cover the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Delicious Mint Coriander Pulao is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Raita and papad.
Add some spinach puree for more health and taste.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂