A beautiful balance of Sweetness and Salt, Crunchy, Egg less, with flavor of Cumin that gets roasted while baking, these cookies are unique in taste, and very popular too. One can find them in local bakeries or road side stalls. A Perfect partner of Hot cup of Tea / Coffee.
Lets celebrate this Festival season with some sweet and salty Jeera (Cumin )Cookies with goodness of Whole wheat.
Home baked goodies are always preferable . Its very easy to make. No fancy ingredients-just 3 basic ingredients and that’s it. I have baked them in Aluminium Cooker, I am really impressed with outcome of cooker baking. It’s just superb.
Kindly checkout this video tutorial too for Cumin Cookies . If you like my video , dont forget to like and subscribe the channel.
Whole Wheat Cumin Cookies- Jeera Biscuits
- 1cup +2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 100 Gms Butter
- ½ cup powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon milk (room temperature) or as much needed for soft dough
- ¾ teaspoon to put in dough + 1 teaspoon Whole Cumin Seeds (Jeera) to sprinkle on top
Take a Flat bottomed Aluminium Cooker. Place a stand inside. Switch on flame and allow it to be on slowest flame.
Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.In a bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds.
Add dry ingredients to butter sugar mixture and mix well till it resembles bread crumbs. Add milk. Begin by adding 2 tablespoons. Knead. Add 2 tablespoons more and knead. Add more milk only if the mixture feels dry. It should come together as soft dough. It should not be sticky.
Roll out a thick chapatti of dough on the floured counter or between dusted sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of cumin seeds. Press them with the roller. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter. Arrange them on the greased baking tray. I used my round 9 inch cake tin. Cover the lid of the cooker. Don’t attach whistle with it. Allow it to bake for 24-27 mins. First batch will take bit more time , in compare to next batch.
If you want to bake in oven then Preheat oven to 180C. Bake for 12 -15 minutes till the cookies turn golden.
Allow it to Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
- I used whole wheat flour. If you are using all purpose flour, you’ll require less milk.
- I have used Unsalted Butter, if you are using salted butter then adjust the salt quantity accordingly.
- You can make plain biscuits by avoiding cumin seeds, and adding ½ teaspoon vanilla extract to dough. Adjust quantity of salt accordingly. You might require just a pinch of salt for plain biscuits.
Pin it for later use:::
I am sure you all will love this cookies, which are really addictive. Dont forget to share your views in comments below. Thank you
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂