Rice Cutlet recipe| Leftover rice cutlet | Chawal Cutlet | Chawal Tikki recipe with all details and quick video
Very interesting and filling cutlets , made from leftover rice and veggies. Amazing way to finish leftover rice . Cutlets can be served as snacks or stuff it up with Sandwiches or Burgers ..
Rice cutlet is very unique in its own way. Rice and veggies together make it so filling and delicious. Cooked rice is mashed and then combined with veggies of own choice.
I have made this very tasty and beautiful looking Cutlet in IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL
Here, I want to share some important tips and suggestions..
- Rice : For these cutlets, rice has to be cooked well and mashed well. If you find rice is hard, boil or microwave for few seconds ..
- Potatoes : Potatoes should be cooked well without much of moisture. I personally feel , grated potato gives perfect texture to mixture.
- Cutlet : Cutlet can be shaped in any shape.. little Semolina or bread crumbs can be added too , if cutlet has more moisture. If one don’t like Juicy and soft cutlet from inside, make thin/ flat shape to make it very crispy . Fry cutlet on medium to high flame .
Let’s checkout the quick video recipe..
Recipe Card for Rice Cutlet
Leftover Rice Cutlet
Crispy, Moist and very delicious Rice Cutlets, made with leftover cooked rice and veggies ..
- 1.5 cup cooked Rice
- 2 large Potato-boiled, peeled & grated
- 2 green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Coriander
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrots, finely grated
- 1/4 cup Capsicum, finely cjoppes
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Dry Mango Powder
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour/ Besan / Corn Starch
- Take cooked rice in a mixing bowl.
- Mash well.
- Add grated potato, onion, capsicum, carrot, coriander, green chillies, ginger. One can add any vegetable of choice.
- Now add all dry spices… Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chhat masala.
- Mix well. Form a dough like mixture.
- Grease hands with few drops oil and give shape to cutlet.
- These cutlets can be shallow fried / pan roast or bake too.
- To bake these cutlet , bake on 180C for 17 to 20 minutes in preheated oven .
- Heat, Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil to fry these cutlets .
- Once Oil is hot, slide cutlets one by one .
- Don’t add many cutlets at a time .
- Fry on medium to high flame.
- Fry on both sides till crispy and golden .
- Take out and keep on some oil absorbing paper .
- Serve hot with green Coriander chutney and Tomato sauce..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂