Honey Chilli Potatoes is a great starter to serve for parties. Its an awesome combination of sweet and spicy, which makes it ideal for Adult as well as kids to enjoy it. Crispy Potato wedges or I can say Spicy French Fries with Sweet and Spicy Sauce , is perfect as a snack or starter in a party/get together for this monsoon.
Finally , I am back after a long break . Break was as long as 4 months.. I missed you all so much. Thank you so much for love and care shown by you all in these months. I was engaged in some of social responsibilities . Glad to be back …
Honey Chilli Potatoes- a great Indo-Chinese snack is Delicious, easy to cook and no time taking. What else one need ?? So, Enjoy this starter this season…
- One can bake french fries to make dish more healthy. One can bake potato wedges with salt and red chilli powder on 200C for 35-40 mins until crisp and golden .
- Actual recipe calls for spring onions but i didnot use , as Spring Onions are difficult to find in Chennai in this season. So I have used the regular onion. One can add whichever is available.
- One can use Baby potatoes too. Recipe will be same . Just make small holes with fork before coating flour and spices. It will help to cook nicely.
- 5-6 Potatoes , Medium size
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 6-7 tbsp Corn Flour
- Oil for frying
- 2 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- 1 Medium Size Onion, Peeled and thin Sliced
- 1/2 cup thin sliced Capsicum
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 3 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander, chopped ( For Garnish)
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds (For Garnish)
First, Peel and cut Potaotes into Fingers and soak in water . Take it out and pet dry. Mix with Cornflour, salt and red chilli. Mix nicely till each potato finger is covered. Fry this fingers in hot oil on medium flame. Fry till crunchy and golden. Drain on an absorbent paper …
In a wok take oil. Once heat add Garlic Ginger paste and roast for a minute. Now add sliced onion and Capsicum , saute for more a minute. Saute on medium flame.
Add Red chilli Sauce, Vinegar, Red Chilli Flakes, sugar , soya sauce and honey. Add Salt and Mix well . On low heat add the fried wedges. Mix well. Garnish with some sesame seeds and chopped coriander.
One can Serve as a starter or as a side dish to fride rice.. Enjoy the way you want.
Hope you all will love this easy and mouthwatering dish. Will love to hear from you.
Happy cooking 🙂 🙂