Amla ki Khatti Meethi Chutney | Instant Amla Pickle | Sweet Amla Chutney| Indian Gooseberry Chutney Recipe
Amla is a wonder fruit packed with benefits usually available during winters. You can prepare amla Launji, a chatpati sweet – sour amla chutney.
Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C.. Amla ki launji is a very healthy ,sweet and sour type of chutney/ pickle. Good quality amla’s are easily avaible during winter season and on very reasonable price. So it is an good idea to make different types of pickles , chutnies and launji to enjoy through out the season.
It is sour , astringent and pungent in taste and green in colour, choose amla which is fresh and shiny and without any bruise and brown spots on the skin. Amla is rich in vitamin C ,vitamin B complex, Iron, zinc, minerals . It is a great anti oxidant and thus improves immunity,protect our heart by reducing cholesterol, controls Diabetes. Amla is also very rich in Vitamin A so keep the skin healthy and young and also Improves the health and texture of hairs. Good to cure Gastric problems, good for liver health and for all cold related problems . It is also very good for cold and cough ailments .
This chutney/ Pickle is very easy to prepare and so tasty. So, let’s get straight to the recipe.
Lets checkout the detailed Video Recipe,
Amla Launji / Indian Gooseberry Chutney
Sweet, sour, healthy Chutney / Instant pickle Recipe
- Avoid boiling Amla in water . Steaming is the best option.
- Launji can be prepared with any Oil or Ghee. But it tastes great with Mustard Oil.
- Dont overcook once jaggery melts. Chutney will be very thick once cool completely.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for 2 to 3 months.
- 200 gm Amla / Indian Gooseberry
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Kalonji Seeds
- 1/6 tsp Dry Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1 Cup Jaggery / 200gm Jaggery
- Wash and Clean Amla. Steam them for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Take out the seeds, and roughly chop them. One can mash with Potato masher, or can grate them too
- Heat 2 tsp Oil in a pan. Add Cumin seeds, Fennel Seeds, Dry Fenugreek seeds, kalonji, hing.
- Later add cooked and chopped amla. Saute for few seconds.
- Now, add all spices and saute for more few seconds.
- Mash the Amla a little by pressing the back side of spatula.
- Add Jaggery,, Mix well.
- Don’t add any water in chutney for long shelf life.
- Once Jaggery melt fully, cook for more 2 minutes. Dont cook more than that, as it will turn very thick once cooled.
- Allow it to cool before storing in an air tight glass jar.
- store in a refrigerator for 2 to 3 months.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂