Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe | Street Style Fried Rice | Veg Fried Rice | Chinese Fried Rice
This classic fried rice recipe is loaded with fresh mixed veggies and aromatic spices for an incredibly hearty, flavorful vegan dish. It’s one of the favourite Chinese-inspired recipes which is easy to make from scratch It’s a naturally vegan dish that’s as good for you as it is delicious to eat..
Indian cuisine has been influenced with many overseas cuisines, which has adapted to the local taste buds. Fried Rice is one such adapted version from the asian cuisine transformed to a popular street food recipes. This recipe is the simple and easy veg fried recipe.
Fried rice with mixed veggies can be enjoyed by itself for a satisfying lunch, but it does go great with rich, saucy main dishes. I’m sure you will enjoy making it often as part of your Indo-Chinese meals.
Basically, the fried rice recipe is generally made with egg omelette and choice meat added to it with finely chopped veggies. it makes it a complete meal and balanced diet meal in the south-east asian cuisine.
Stir-frying at high heat in a cast-iron skillet or wok imparts a bit of smoky flavor and aroma. Though a stovetop in your home kitchen, cannot compete with the heat and temperature of the stovetops in Chinese restaurants, you can still make a great homemade fried rice.
Checkout the Video Recipe for Veg Fried Rice here..
Veg Fried Rice
Street Style, very flavourful Veg Fried Rice Recipe
- Cook Rice only 80 to 85 %. Overcooking can lead to mushy fried rice.
- Cook rice at least 40 to 45 mins prior .
- I have used Green Chilli Sauce but one can use even Red Chilli sauce.
- Spice level can be adjusted as per preference.
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1 or 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup White part of Spring Onions OR regular Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cabbage, Chopped
- 1/4 cup French Beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Capsicum, chopped
- 1 tbsp Green/Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Some Spring Onions , for granishing
- wash and soak Basmati Rice . Soak the rice for at least 30 mins.
- In a broad pan, boil water. Once water starts boiling, add soaked rice.
- Also add some Salt, Lemon Juice and Oil. Give a stir and cook on high flame for 7 to 8 hrs.
- Cook rice till 80 to 85 % done. Don’t overcook the rice else it will be mushy.
- Drain the rice when done. Later, spread the cooked rice in a plate and cool it for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Before procedding make sure, rice is cooled completely .
- Heat 3 to 4 tbsp Oil in a wok or Kadai. Heat it till smoking hot.
- Add chopped Garlic, Ginger and Green chilli, Saute for few seconds on high flame.
- Now, add chopped Spring Onions and saute for few more seconds on high .
- Now, we will add the veggies Carrots, Capsicum, Beans, Cabbage. Keep stirring and cook on high flame for few more seconds. Don’t over cook the veggies. Crunch tastes amazing in dish.
- Veggies are chopped finely so.it will be cooked in few seconds.
- Now add spices. I have used Green Chilli Sauce, Dark Soya Sauce and Vinegar. Also add Black Pepper powder amd some salt .
- Give a quick stir, add cooked and cooled Rice. Gently mix everything well.
- Add some Spring Onions . Serve Hot ..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂