Easy Rava Ladoo Recipe| No Sugar Syrup No Khoya | Quick Rava Laddu recipe with written details and Video recipe
Rava Ladoo – Sooji Ke Laddu is so delicious, aromatic and very easy to make sweet variety from South India. This sweet will be prepared with Sooji(Semolina – Cream Of Wheat), Sugar , Ghee and Dry Fruits. These Sooji Ladoos are usually made during festivals like Rakshabandhan, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi and also a great option to gift . Rava Laddu has melt-in-mouth texture with a slight crunch..
There are different ways to make this Rava Ladoos.. In some parts of India, its prepared with Sugar Syrup. I have already shared that recipe on blog..
Today, I am sharing here the recipe which is popular in South Indian States. It doesn’t require any Sugar Syrup or Khoya (mawa) in it.
Also checkout few of my sweet recipes which I have already posted on blog .
Coming back to today’s recipe, its very easy to make and can be ready in just 30 minutes. I have shared some important point to make perfect Rava Ladoo everytime, so checkout the recipe card.
Sharing here , few tips for variation in Rava Ladoos..
- To make VEGAN version of Rava Ladoo, use Coconut Oil.
- If using Fresh Coconut in the recipe, store in refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- Instead of powdered Sugar, powdered Jaggery can be used.
- You can easily half, double or triple the recipe to make a large batch for Indian Festivals.
Checkout Video Recipe here for Rava Ladoo
So now, lets see the detailed recipe too..
An easy Rava Ladoo recipe for festival Season. This rava ladoo recipe is made with Rava (sooji or semolina), coconut, powdered sugar, dry fruits and ghee.
- Roast Sooji on slow flame like a pro as its the main and very important ingredient of the sweet.
- You have to stir initially a few times but later non-stop when the rava becomes hot. As if you don’t stir, the rava granules which are in direct contact with the pan, will start getting browned and burnt.
- The foremost sign that the rava has roasted will be its aroma. It is a pleasant aroma.
- Instaed of Desiccated Coconut, fresh coconut can be used. For that, roast it so well and make sure no moisture left before adding sugar
- If using fine Rava for the receipe, skip the grinding step. One can also use powdered sugar directly.
- Add milk spoon by spoon, dont end up adding too much. In that case, cook for few minutes and mixture will be as per requirement.
- store in an air tight container.
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji/ Bombay Rava
- 5 to 6 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 7 to 8 Cardamom
- 3 tbsp chopped Cashewnuts
- 3 tbsp chopped Almomds
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 2 to 3 tsp warm Milk
- Heat 2 tbsp Ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- once hot enough , Roast chopped cashews and almomds in it. Keep aside.
- Add some raisins and roast till puff up. Keep aside.
- In same pan, add more 2 tbsp ghee . Add Sooji in pan.
- Roast on slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir continously..
- Roast till its fragrant. Add desiccated coconut. Again , roast for more 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool ..
- In a mixer jar, add Sugar and cardamom. Grind smooth.
- Add roasted Semolina. Pulse for few times. Dont end up making it very fine powder..
- Trasnfer the mixture in a wide plate. Add roasted Cashews and Almonds..Also add 2 tbsp melted Ghee.
- Mix everything well.
- Add warm milk spoon by spoon. Add only till you be able to shape ladoos.
- Make small-bite sized Ladoos.
- Store in tight container for 10 to 12 days..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂