Tikha Gathiya recipe | Gujarati Tikha Gathiya at home written and video recipe | No Baking Soda Recipe
Tikha Gathiya is a crunchy and spicy deep fried strands made from Gram flour dough. It’s a very common at gujarati household. It tastes awesome as a tea time dry snack or by adding it other to chevdas . Follow this easy and perfect recipe – No Baking soda recipe – and make this crispy snack and can be stored upto a month .
I have used IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL to fry this crunchy & tasty TIKHA GATHIYA .
Checkout the Video Recipe for Tikha Gathiya here…
Recipe Card for Tikha Gathiya
Crispy, Spicy, Crunchy snack made from gram flour. The best option for teatime snack . Stays fresh upto a month.
Ingredients1 cup= 240ml
- 500gm (2.5 cups) Gram flour / Besan
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Carom Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Hot Oil (to add in flour)
- Oil to fry
- Heat Oil in a kadai (to fry) Sieve besan in a wide plate . Add all spices and lemon juice .
- Mix well . Add water little by little and knead semi soft dough.
- Pour hot oil on dough. Again mix so well.
- Grease kitchen press well with Oil.
- Fill it with dough till 2/3 .
- Once oil from kadai is smoking hot , move kitchen press in circular motion over hot Oil .
- Immediately DON’T touch or flip them .
- After couple of seconds only flip and fry both sides till crispy .
- Remove Gathiya from Oil and keep on Oil absorbant paper .
- Repeat same procedure for rest of dough.
- Store in a an air tight container once cooled completely ..
- One can store this gathiya upto a month .
- Crispy and crunchy Tikha Gathiya is ready.
- Enjoy with Cup of Tea/ Coffee or this can be added to other Namkeen / Chivdas too .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter .. Happy Cooking 🙂