Lahsuni Dal Palak is a simple and quick recipe , made mainly from yellow split Moong Dal and Spinach leaves. It’s a healthy, full of nutritions , protein packed wholesome meal itself. Lahsuni Palak Dal goes well with Roti, paratha or Rice . It can be served as a Curry or Dal .
Do checkout the Notes , mentioned in recipe card.
I have made this very tasty and healthy Lahsuni Palak Moong Dal with IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Lahsuni Palak Moong Dal
Lahsuni Palak Moong Dal
Easy, Quick, Protein packed ,Healthy and very delicious Lahsuni Palak Moong Dal . This can be served as Curry or Dal with Roti , Paratha, or Steamed Rice
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 200 gm Spinach / Palak
- 6 to 8 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 tbsp Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- Red chilli , broken
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Power
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Lemon juice
- 1 big sized Tomato, chopped
- In a bowl, wash and soak Yellow Moong Dal for atleast 30 minutes .
- Clean Spinach leaves and chop it.
- In a pan, heat IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL.
- Add 3 tbsp chopped Garlic.
- Later add cumin seeds, dry red chilli and asafoetida.
- Add chopped Tomato and ginger chilli paste and saute till tomatoes are soft .
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder , coriander powder.
- Saute for few seconds and add chopped spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle some salt and mix.
- Spinach will be soft . Cover and cook for 5 minutes on slow flame. .
- While cooking spinach, no need to add any water as Spinach will release it’s moisture.
- Later , add soaked Moong Dal with its water. Stir well .
- Cover again and cook till lentil is cooked fully.
- It will take around 7 to 8 minutes .
- Later adjust spices like – Salt, Red Chilli Powder , Turmeric Powder and Coriander Powder . Cook for more 2 minutes.
- Once lentil is fully cooked , add lemon juice as per taste.
- Consistency of Lahsuni Moong Dal is little thick, so cook accordingly.
- At time of serving , we will temper it again.
- For second temper , heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped Garlic, cumin seeds, red dry chilli . Allow it to brown .
- Then add red chilli powder , stir well and pour on Lahsuni Moong Dal.
- Serve hot with Roti , Paratha, or Steamed Rice.
- Instead of Moong Dal, Chana Dal or Tuvar Dal can be used. Even mixed dal tastes great.
- This Dal can be made in pressure cooker too.
- Chopped Onions can be added too .
- For No Onion No Garlic version, avoid galic and rest recipe will be same .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂