Sev Roll Recipe | Vermicelli Potato Cutlet | Potato Roll Recipe with written and video recipe.
I have made this very tasty Gujarati sev Roll with IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Sev Roll
Crispy outer layer & soft from innerside , This Sev Roll is a great option to serve with meal or as a starter or snacks.
- 4 medium sized Potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Juice of Half Lemon
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs or Flattened Rice (Poha)
- Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 2 tsp Maida ( All Purpose Flour)
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- Boil potatoes with little salt. Peel and Keep aside for atleast 3 hours or till cooled completely.
- Grate all the potatoes. Grating potatoes will make for smooth mixture without any chunks.
- Add chopped coriander, salt, ginger chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, sugar and lemon juice.
- With greased hands , give shape of rolls. Generally , this Sev Rolls are big in size , but my little one loves the small sized rolls too.
- In bowl , take Maida and corn flour . Sprinkle little salt . Add water little by little and make thin paste . If corn flour is not available, increase the maida quantity.
- Dip each roll one by one and then immediately coat with vermicelli…
- With soft hands , give shape properly.
- Keep this vermicelli coated potatoe rolls in refrigerator for 20 minutes. This coated rolls can be stored in refrigerator for a day or two..
- Heat Oil in a pan. Once oil is hot. Slowdown the flame and add 3 or 4 rolls at a time. Don’t over crowd.
- After few seconds , try to change the sides and increase the flame a little.
- Fry till golden and crispy.
- Take out the crispy rolls and keep on oil absorbent paper to remove access oil.
- Serve hot with Coriander Chutney , Tomato Sauce or Tamarind Sweet Chutney ..
- Always boil potatoes in advance . Hot potatoes won’t give perfect texture .
- Spices quantity can be adjusted as per taste.
- Maida + Cornflour slury consistency should be thin.
- Coating with vermicelli will give lovely crispy crunchy outer layer.
- One can just coat with bread crumbs and make cutlets also with same stuffing ..
- Fry on medium flame. Slow flame frying may cause soggy oily rolls.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂