How to make Italian Sesame Cookies |Biscotti Regina recipe | Sesame Cookies with Wheat Flour recipe with details and Quick Video
These Sesame Cookies are crispy, crunchy, full of sesame flavour and so perfect to enjoy this festival season They are so so delicious, easy to make and quick too. It can be ready with very basic ingredients which are easily available in any kitchen pantry..
Traditional Italian Sesame Cookies made with All Purpose Flour , here I have used Whole Wheat Flour .. Instead of white sugar , light brown or brown sugar can be used too.
I have used , IDHAYAM SAMBANDHI WHITE SESAME SEEDS , to make these super easy and very delicious Sesame Cookies.
Sesame seeds increase your weight
Checkout the video recipe for Eggless Wheat Sesame Cookies….
Wheat Sesame Cookies
Super Easy, Tasty Italian Sesame Cookies with goodness of Wheat Flour. Tastes superb with Hot cup of Tea/ Coffee. It's also perfect option to gift to your loved ones...
- 2/3 cup Idhayam Sambandhi White Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 to 5 tbsp Milk
- A pinch of Salt (add only if you use Unsalted Butter)
- In a pan , toss Sesame Seeds. Roast on slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till crispy and light brown in colour. Switch off the gas and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven …
- In a mixing Bowl whisk butter and powdered sugar . Whisk well till it turns light and creamy .
- Add Vanilla Essence and fold in.
- Now add Wheat flour, Corn Flour and Baking Powder ..
- Also add Roasted Sesame Seeds , spare some – almost 1/4 cup- for garnishing ..
- Mix well. Add Milk spoon by spoon and form a soft dough.
- Knead a little. Take lemon sized potion from dough .
- Rub and flattened between palms.
- Roll these shaped cookies in roasted Sesame Seeds… Place on Baking Tray lined with parchment paper or apply some butter.
- Bake on 180C for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take out the cookies from oven when cookie edges starts turning brown .
- Allow them to cool completely on wire rack..
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy with Hot cup of Tea/ Coffee..
- Cookies can be stored in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
- Add pinch of salt with Wheat Flour, only if using Unsalted Butter ..
- These cookies can be made with All Purpose Flour too.
- For variation , one can add some Desiccated Coconut or Powdered Oats or Almond Flour too..
- To make it more flavourful Tahini paste can be added too.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂