Rava Kesari recipe | Kesari bath | Kesari recipe with detailed written recipe
Rava Kesari is very popular South Indian sweet dish, which is made from Semolina, Sugar and Ghee. It’s prepared for breakfast or during festival.. Rava Kesari is very popular with different names (of course with slight changes ) in each region of India. It’s also known as Sooji Kesari, Sooji Halwa, Sooji Sheera, etc.
Today is 6th blog anniversary for- Ruchi’s Veg Kitchen . The journey of 6 yrs is amazing. Learnt a lot , enjoyed a lot more. I feel so blessed to get such wonderful support from each one of you. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart to be part of my journey 🙏🙏🙏🙏. I am sure, I will receive more and more love from you all in coming years.
So, on occasion of Blog anniversary, I have decided to post a simple Sweet recipe . Rava Kesari is such simple sweet prepared with basic and very less ingredients – Semolina / Sooji / Rava, Sugar and Ghee . Also this sweet is topped with roasted dry fruits.
Rava means Semolina & Kesari means Saffron colour , these are the key ingredients to brighten up the dish . This dish is made often in many households due to its simple process . Generally , it’s served in breakfast or as a dessert after meal ..
Rava Kesari can be prepared with Milk too (without adding colour), which is called as Rava Sheera and it’s offered to God as Prasad or Nivedyam…
Let’s checkout the recipe
Checkout the video recipe for Rava Kesari here..
- 2 tsp Ghee/ Clarified Butter (to roast dry fruits )
- 10 pc Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 cup Rava / Semolina/ Sooji
- 1 cup Water
- Few Saffron Strands
- 2 pinch of Saffron Food Color
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp Ghee. Roast cashewnuts and raisins . Roast till cashew turns golden on slow flame..
- Take out the dry fruits from pan.
- Roast 1/2 cup Rava in same pan. Roast till fragrant on slow flame. It will take around 4 to 5 minutes.
- In another pan , heat 1 cup water. Take out 2 tsp warm water and soak saffron . Keep aside.
- Once water starts boiling , add roasted Rava in it.
- Keep stirring continuously. Make sure there is no lump.
- Once mixture starts thickening , add sugar and keep stirring .
- Make sure no lumps forms. Add soaked saffron, food colour. Mix well and keep cooking .
- Mixture will turn thick and form like dough . Add 1/4 cup Ghee. Stir well .
- Cover and cook for 2 mins on slow flame .
- Add roasted dry fruits and cardamom powder . Mix well and serve as dessert.
- One can store this sweet in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂