Easy Khandvi Recipe | How to make Gujarati Khandvi in Pressure Cooker with detailed Written and Video recipe
Khandvi is a melt in mouth, smooth , spiced and seasoned gram flour rolls. Khandvi is a delicious and healthy snack from Gujarati cuisine .
Khandvi is made from basic 2 ingredients that’s is Gram Flour and Curd/ Buttermilk . Khandvi is also known as Pataudi or Dahivadi or Suralichi or Patuli….
Khandvi is prepared with very less ingredients but still a complicated process to prepare. The perfect consistency and thickness of besan batter plays a very important role in getting the exact shape of Khandvi.. It can also be prepared in an open pan or in non stick pan.. I have already shared the Khandvi recipe in Microwave on blog. Here , I am sharing one more easiest way to make khandvi and that is in pressure cooker..
Some Notes :
- Adding Ginger Chilli paste is optional but gives amazing taste.
- Spread some coconut and coriander on khandvi before rolling , to make Stuffed Khandvi.
- If making on Paryushan or Tithi Days, just skip ginger, green chillies and fresh coriander.
Checkout the Video Recipe for Khandvi here…
Recipe Card for Khandvi .. Checkout the detailed and easy recipe of Khandvi- in Pressure Cooker
Khandvi -in Pressure Cooker
Super tasty, Easy, Healthy and very Delicious Khandvi can be ready in 30 minutes in Pressure Cooker...
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea flour/ Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Chilli paste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2/3 cup Curd & 1+1/4 cup water or 2+ 1/4 Buttermilk
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coconut , grated
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 Dry Red Chilli, broken
- Few Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- First, sieve gram flour in a vessel. Add ginger-chili paste, turmeric , curd and salt to taste.
- Mix well and add 1+1/4 cups of water.
- Mix well with a whisk forming a smooth flowing consistency. Make sure there is no lumps..
- Heat the pressure cooker with some water. Place a stand in it. Place the vessel into the cooker.
- Close the lid and cook for 3 whistles on medium flame.
- Grease the plates/ baking tray/platform with little oil to spread the cooked mixture.
- Don’t wait till naturally release air from cooker. After 2 to 3 minutes release the air from cooker and take the vessel out.
- Whisk well the cooked mixture and make sure it is well bind and no lumps..
- Take besan paste and spread immediately over the plate/ baking tray or kitchen counter.
- Spread with spatula or old credit card or a piece of mica or whipping cream smoother.
- Spread quickly and make thin layer. If mixture cooled , won’t be able to spread at all.
- Once spread fully , allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then, cut into 2 inch size.
- Roll tight making sure there are no cracks forming on khandvi.
- Now, lets prepare the tempering, by heating oil.
- Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, dried red chili, green chillies, curry leaves and hing.
- Once the tempering splutter, pour it over the khandvi.
- Furthermore, garnish the khanvi with coconut and coriander leaves.
- Gujarati khandvi is ready to serve as a snack with hot cup of tea or as a side dish with main course.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..