How to make Instant Rava Uttapam | Quick & Easy Sooji Uttapam recipe|
A healthy, quick, easy and very delicious breakfast/ snacks recipe made with Semolina , Oats, Veggies and Spices… This quick Sooji Uttapam can be prepared in total 20 to 25 minutes. It’s also a great option for light dinner and can be served with some Chutney and Idli Podi.
Generally , Uttapam is made with leftover Idli Dosa Batter . Instant Rava Uttapam is a quick version of traditional recipe. In this version, no need for long soaking, ground or fermentation..
In this recipe ,to make it more healthy, I have added roasted and powdered Oats, which is purely optional. One can avoid , if not available.
Instant Sooji Uttapam has so many variations . I am sharing here the most easy variation of Uttapam..
Checkout the detailed Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Instant Rava Uttapam / Quick and Easy Sooji Uttapam
Instant Rava Uttapam
Instant, Easy, Healthy and very Delicious Quick Sooji Uttapam can be served as Breakfast or Snacks or as a meal. Serve with Chutney and Idli Podi ...
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji / Tava
- 1/4 cup Oats Powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup Curd
- 3 tbsp chopped Capsicum
- 3 tbsp grated Carrots
- 3 tbsp grated Beetroot
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Onions
- 3 tbsp Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp chopped Coriander
- 1-2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs (optional)
- Ghee/ Oil to cook Uttapam
- Take Semolina and Oats powder in a bowl.
- Add curd into it. Add little water and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 15 minutes. Semolina and Oats will absorb most of the water.
- In a bowl take all veggies, i.e. Onions, Carrots, Beetroots, Capsicum, Tomatoes, Coriander, Green Chillies. Add salt and mixed herbs. mix well.
- Check the Semolina and Oats mixture. Curd and water will be absorbed . Of needed add some more water to make batter like consistency.
- Uttapam batter consistency will be thick yet flowing.
- Add salt and give nice whisk. One can add 1 or 2 pinch of Baking Soda to give that fluffy texture.
- Heat a pan. Season with some oil.
- Pour a spoonful batter and spread a little on pan. Uttapam has to be thick so don’t spread much.
- Now be little quick and spread topping on each uttapam.
- Press little with spatula . This way the stuffing won’t come out of Uttapam.
- Pour some Ghee/Oil on edges and cook till crispy.
- Flip the side and cook till crispy.
- If needed pour some Ghee/Oil .
- Serve Hot with coriander chutney or Idli Podi.
- Avoid green chillies if serving to kids.
- One can add 2 pinches of Baking..
- Use Ghee for cooking to make it healthier and tastier .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂