How to make easy Moong Dal Pakoda |No Onion No Garlic Pakoda | Easy Snack Recipe
Moong Dal Pakoda/ Moong Dal Bhajiya is easy, quick, crunchy and tasty pakoda/ pakora made with skinned Split Green Gram or Yellow Moong Dal. Such easy Pakoda/ Pakora is the most enjoyed tea time snack during Monsoon in India. It’s a No Onion No Garlic recipe.In India, number of varieties are available for Pakoda… One can checkout the delicious varieties of Pakoda, which I have already uploaded on blog..
I am sharing this quick, easy and very tasty Moong Dal Pakoda as my entry to Healthy Wellthy Cuisines , a bloggers FB group , under the theme of #moonsoonspecial . This time theme was suggested by a dear friend , a jolly person and wonder blogger Poonam , who blogs at poonambachhav.blogspot.com . My favourites from her blog is Ankurit Mugachi Usal and Dahi ke Kabab …Do checkout her blog for some very traditional and fusion wonderful dishes..
Moong Dal Pakoda is very flavourful and crunchy preparation. One can make following variations too…
- One can add finely chopped onions to the batter.
- If making this Moong Dal Pakoda for Tithi days , use red dry chillies or chilli flakes instead of green chillies. Also avoid fresh coriander leaves.
Checkout the video recipe here…
Recipe Card for Moong Dal Pakoda / Pakora
Moong Dal Pakoda / Pakora
Easy, Flavourful, Crunchy Moong Dal Pakoda which are best partner for hot cup of Tea/Coffee specially in rainy season
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 to 3 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tbsp Dry coriander seeds, roughly crushed
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Black pepper, roughly crushed
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- Wash and soak Moong Dal in sufficient water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the extra water from soaked dal. Grind the dal into mixer grinder , add just little water while grinding.
- Add around 2 to 3 tbsp water while grinding. Grind Smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to bowl.
- Whisk so well and make the batter light & fluffy. Simultaneously one can add one or two pinches of cooking soda in batter.
- Add crushed coriander seeds, crushed black pepper, Fennel seeds, green chillies, dry ginger powder, salt. Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix very well. Taste and adjust spices as per taste.
- Heat oil in a wok / pan . Allow it to heat up properly..
- Take a bite size portion from pakoda mixture and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium flame. Allow the pakodas to rise up. Fry them stirring them till golden and crispy.
- Drain patidar on kitchen issues. Fry in batches.
- Serve this delicious moong dal pakoda with Mint Coriander Chutney and cup of hot tea/coffee..
- Soaked dal gives perfect result so don’t be in hurry. Patience is the key.
- Adding chopped Onions, ginger and garlic is totally optional.
- For soft pakodas,keep batter little soft.
- Adding baking soda in batter is purely optional.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂