Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa easy, Classic Traditional recipe with all details , Video and step by step pictures .
Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa / Gajrela / Gajar No Halwo / Indian Carrot Pudding is a classic , easy , North Indian sweet dish which can be enjoyed Hot , warm or chilled. Anyhow it tastes amazing 😋😋😋.. Prepare this dish with simple six ingredients .
For me , Winter season can not be complete without this delicacy. Traditional way , slow cooking with full fat milk is the only way to get that perfect taste, flavour and aroma to the dish. I never opt for any short cuts specially for this sweet’s recipe.
To save some time and energy , one can make gajar halwa in pressure cooker too. Just pressure cook with milk. Mash fully. Cook till thick. Add sugar , nuts etc. Gajar Halwa is ready.
Even adding Mawa / Evaporated Milk also fasten the process.
But I like this traditional milk only. Simple yet the best.
Have you ever tried Hot Carrot Halwa with Vanilla ice cream scoop ?? Try it , it tastes awesome.
Some Notes / Tips
- Always use fresh and tender Carrots . Red Carrots , which is available in winter season , gives best results. Though orange carrots can also be used.
- Milk has to be Full Fat Milk / Full Cream Milk. Make sure cream/ Malai is not removed from the milk .
- To fasten the process , one can use evaporated milk / khoya too.
- I have used normal sugar , feel free to use condensed milk in the recipe.
- Add lots of Dry fruits for amazing taste.
- Serve Hot / Warm / Chilled.
Let’s checkout the Video recipe for Carrot Halwa / Gajar ka Halwa.
How to make Gajar Ka Halwa ..
First, Wash and clean carrots. Peel and grate these carrots using grater or in food processor. Choice of food processor definitely save lots of time and efforts.
div class=”Z1hOCe” style=”max-height:999999px;margin-top:10px;”>
Stir well . While Carrots will be cooked in milk , milk will start to reduce and evaporate.
Recipe card for Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa Recipe..
Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa
Season Special Gajar Ka Halwa
- 1kg Red Carrots
- 1 lt Milk
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Some chopped nuts (Almonds , Cashews and Pistachios)
- Wash and clean carrots. Later, peel and grate these carrots using grater or in food processor.
- Heat 3 tbsp Ghee / clarified butter in a thick bottomed pan (Spare 1 tbsp for later use). Saute grated carrots on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring .
- Add Milk to it. Stir the mixture. Cook on low to medium flame and allow this mixture to boil. Later , simmer.
- While simmering on low flame , keep stirring in-between.
- Stir well . While Carrots will be cooked in milk , milk will start to reduce and evaporate.
- When milk reduced by 90% , add cardamom powder , sugar and dry fruits .
- Mix well and cook till all moisture evaporates and mixture turns thick..
- Add 1 tbsp Ghee , which we spared aside. Mix well .
- Switch off the gas . Serve Hot / Warm or Cold.
- Use fresh , tender and juicy carrots.
- Always use full fat Milk.
- Add dry fruits of choice.
- Store Carrot Halwa in refrigerator to enjoy up to 10 days.
- Recipe can be halved or doubled.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂