Coconut Ladoo / Coconut Balls , a popular , quick and very easy Indian delight , suits for any occassions or festivals.. These ladoos are melt in mouth , and can be ready in just 15 minutes. Dessicated Coconut and Condensed milk , just 2 main ingredients and your super tasty delight is ready..
Wishing you all A very Happy and prosperous Diwali. Happy Diwali friends.. Enjoy this festival of lights with family , friends and share happiness..
Coconut Balls are my childhood favourite sweet. My mom use to make colourful coconut balls , and we both sisters simply love it..
Here , I showed 2 varieties of coconut ladoos .. Something different than a regular ladoos to make a perfect fusion dessert. I have wrapped the coconut balls in dark chocolate. The blend of chocolate and coconut gives a very unique taste to this dessert.
This is a winner , full proof recipe . Even a bachelor , beginner or someone who is far from family and wanna make some sweet by own , definately this Coconut Balls are the answer.
- If you find dessicated coconut more coarse , you can grind a bit in a mixer jar with pulse method.
- Here , I made only few chocolate coconut ladoos so used small amount of Dark Chocolate . Adjust the quantity as per your requirements.
- One can add some Cardamom powder too.
- Instead of Condensed Milk , one can use sugar too.
- One can use even semi sweet chocolate , but I personally liked the taste of dark chocolate .
- These Coconut Balls are made with dessicated coconut , you can even use the fresh coconut.
- One can use Sugar and Milk instead of condensed milk. Use around 3/4 cup of sugar while using 2 cups of coconut. Here , I referred 250 ml cup size..
- Use Milk when using Fresh Coconut..
- 250gm Desiccated Coconut
- 200gm (half tin ) Condensed Milk
- Dark chocolate
In a non stick pan mix dessicated coconut and condensed milk. Spare some dessicated coconut aside to sprinkle on ladoos.
Mix very well . Cook on slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep stirring till mixture starts leaving sides. It will look like a dough.
Switch off the gas. Allow it to cool little bit. Start shaping ladoos / balls while mixtutre is still hot.. Grease your palms with few drops of Ghee , then start shaping. Roll this balls in spared dessicated and keep aside.. I have kept some balls unwrapped in coconut , as with those ladoos we will see chocolate coconut ladoos ..
Lets make Chocolate Coconut Balls..
I have used bouble boiler method to melt the dark chocolate. You can melt in microwave too. For double boiler method, take some water in a small vessel. Once water starts boiling, place one more vessel. And place dark chocolate bar in it. Keep flame slow. Keep stirring till chocolate melts fully.
At this stage , be quick..
Dip each coconut ball in melted chocolate. With help of fork or spoon , place these dipped ladood on a plastic sheet or alluminium foil. Sprinkle some coconut and allow it to settled . One can keep in freeze too to fasten this step
Hope you all will enjoy this dessert with friends and family. Happy Diwali
- Grease your palms before shaping the ladoos to avoid sticking mixture in palms..
- Make sure you always shape ladoos when the mixture warm.
- Always use butter paper or silver foil to rest the chocolate dipped balls. If you directly place them on a plate the ladoos might stick to the plate..
- Chocolate coconut balls can be easily stored in room temperature and the chocolate will not melt …