This kind of Rotis/ flatbreads are very famous in Rajasthan, region of India. A very soft from inside and very crispy outside , thick roti which is nicely roasted . This is mainly served with Panch Ratna Daal … Mash some roti , pour some hot, double tempered spicy daal , add some ghee . Mix it . Take my words it tastes out of the word.
This might be a routine or daily affair for those who actually belong to that region but for me, its super exciting. I learnt this from my mother-in-law, who is more fond of Marwadi and south indian food. Such Roti is very easy to make and taste always at the best.
Here, for this recipe , I have used a thick iron tava. One can use any but I personally feel , thick bottomed gives the best result. Generally we have notice that iron tava get rust so fast. To avoid this, always grease Tava and keep in a cover when not in use. 🙂 🙂
Now let’s see the procedure with step by step pictures….
Mix Wheat Flour, salt, ajwain and oil. Rub it nicely with fingures. With help of water, knead a stiff dough. One can use milk too . Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 10-15 mins.
Now take a big portion form this dough. Knead little between palms. We will make 3 medium sized Khoba Roti from this measurements..
With help of roll pin , roll into a thick and big roti.
Place this roti on hot , greased and thick iron tava. Cook on slow flame for a minute or so.
Turn the side when it turned to Golden color. Now how to make this holes like impression!!. I just pressed the side of roll pin on roti evenly 🙂 🙂
This is the safe and easy way to make this impression on roti. One can also use some small plucker or with fingers also the design can be made.
Allow it to cook nicely on the side which is touching to tava. It should turn crispy. Keep the gas flame slow only.
Place a stand on tava. Flip and place roti on that stand . The holes side will be down.
Keep flame on medium to high. Allow it to cook till you get nice golden brown color and an awesome aroma 🙂 🙂
Now fill each hole with few drops of Ghee. Thats it. Rajsthani Roti is ready to serve. So easy and tasty.
Recipe Card for Rajasthani Khoba Roti
Unique and very tasty Khoba Roti Speciality from Rajasthan
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour, atta
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds, ajwain
- Water / Milk , as needed
- Ghee / Clarified Butter to Garnish
- Mix Wheat Flour, salt and oil. Rub it nicely with fingures.
- With help of water/milk, knead a stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 10-15 mins.
- Now take a big portion form this dough. Knead a little between the palms.
- With help of roll pin , roll into a thick and big roti.
- Now place this roti on hot tava. Cook one side on slow flame. Turn the side when it turned to Golden brown color.
- With the help of rolling pin , make holes. It’s the easiest way to get that beautiful impression on roti. One can make impression with small plucker or with fingers.
- Allow it to cook nicely on slow flame, on the side which is touching to tava. It should turn crispy.
- Now , place a stand on tava. Flip and place roti on that stand . The holes side will be down.
- Keep flame on medium to high. Allow it to cook till you get nice golden color and an awesome aroma 🙂 🙂
- Switch off the flame , pour Ghee on it.
- Before proceeding for next Roti , make sure Tava is not too hot.
- Make all rotis , with same procedure.
- Dough should be stiff .
- Roast Khoba Roti one side on slow flame for perfect crispy texture.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂