Dum aloo is one vegetable which is loved by one and all, it is rich, creamy and spicy all in one. . . Shallow fried baby potatoes are slow cooked with a rich and creamy gravy .. I served this exotic curry with Mint Pachha Paratha. This curry also goes well with Paratha , Roti or Jeera rice ..
One can also deep fry the potatoes ..
Checkout the Video recipe for this curry
- 12-14 pc baby potatoes
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp oil preferably musturd oil
- 2 cloves
- 1 small Piece cinnamon
- 2 cardamoms
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chill Powder(Preferably Kashmiri )
- 4 tbsp finely chopped coriander
To Be Ground Into A Smooth Onion Paste
- 1 cups roughly chopped onions
- 2 green chilies , roughly chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup broken cashew nuts
- 1.5 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chilies , broken into pieces
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1. First wash thoroughly baby potatoes and peel them. Soak in water. With help of fork Some tiny holes in potato. Potatoes will cooked evenly and even masala will be nicely absorb due to tiny holes.
- Boil Potatoes for 4-5 mins on medium flame. Add some salt while boiling. Drain and keep aside.
- Shallow Fry Potatoes in a kadai. Fry till get light brown color.
- Blend chopped tomatoes in a blender to a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Blend all ingredients listed under onion paste..
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared onion paste and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato puree, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
9. Add the salt, Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder and sugar mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander and cook on a medium flame .
10. Add the fried potatoes, fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for more 2 minutes. Add 1/2 glass of water and allow it to common slow flame till desired consistency..
Garnish with coriander and serve hot with naan , paratha or roti ..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂