Pinwheel Samosa is a perfect party treat. This is an interesting twist to a Popular and most loved snacks of India- Samosa …It is also known as Aloo-Bhakharwadi . This bite size appetizers is so delicious and definitely an attraction for kids and adults..
At time of party or get together , one can half fry in advance and re fry when needed. This way outer layer will be more crispy and tastes amazing . Lets checkout the recipe ..
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 tbsp Rawa
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Pinch of Carrom Seeds (Ajwain )
Maida paste : 2 tbsp Maida mixed with water , should be thin in consistency
For the stuffing
- 1 ½ boiled potatoes (Leftover)
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 1 tsp red chilly
- 1 tsp Chili Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala.
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- I used leftover boiled potatoes which were in refrigerator only but if you are planning to make with fresh ones then boil potatoes at least 4-5 hr before and keep in refrigerator so make them firm.
- Knead dough very very tight. If the dough is soft, You can’t give proper shape.
- If you choose to bake them in an oven, brush lightly with butter, preheat the oven on 190C & cook each side for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Mix the ingredients for outer layer and knead a very firm dough. Allow it to rest for at least 10 mins.
Now, lets make potato filling.. Mix all the ingredients. You can change the measurement as per your taste and liking..
Take a small portion of dough and roll a roti with medium thickness. Spread the filling on it. Press gently so it’s flattened out evenly. First turn both the sides as shown in pic.
Now roll to form a cylindrical roll. At end Apply Maida Paste to seal it tightly.
Cut into 1 inch size rolls with a sharp life.
Deep each piece in Maida paste . Deep fry on medium flame until golden brown.
Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney…. ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂