To make variation, one can add fresh Fenugreek Leaves, coriander leaves, grated bottle gourd etc. All variations are extremely delicious.
- 2 cups finely chopped Spinach (Palak)
- 1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Flour (Besan)
- 3 tsp Semolina (Rava)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 pinch Cooking Soda
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp Coriander Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp OilTo Temper
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- Combine the spinach and a little salt in a plate, mix well and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
- Lightly Squeeze out the liquid and place the spinach in a bowl.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, whole wheat flour, besan, semolina, cumin powder, cooking soda, sugar, salt and 1 tsp oil and knead into a very soft dough.
- Apply ¼ tsp of oil on your hands and divide the dough into equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll .
- Arrange the rolls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove, cool slightly and cut into slices and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and sesame seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the sliced muthias, toss gently on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes till they are lightly browned.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂