How to make Easy Mango Kulfi at Home | Easy Mango Malai Kulfi detailed recipe with step by step pictures and video
All the goodness of the juicy , sweet mangoes in a sinfully rich and creamy Kulfi. kulfi is a frozen milk based indian dessert. there are many ways of making kulfi from using regular milk to condensed milk and some evaporated milk/khoya or cream are also added.
I must say Summer is very well known for Mangoes, Ice creams, Pickles and Kulfi of course. Though in India we can enjoy ice creams and kulfi in winters too 🙂 🙂
Generally, Kulfi and Ice creams are totally different. some says its same.Texture, softness and unique melting characteristics makes it different..
Some Important NOTES
- I have used Milk powder to thicken the milk. One can use Corn flour, Rice flour, Condensed Milk, corn starch.
- I have followed a traditional way of making kulfi. Bit time consuming and tedious but total worthy.. OLD IS GOLD always 🙂 😉 😉
- I have not used any color / essence in this recipe. One can if wish.
- I have used KESAR Mangoes for this recipe. In Gujarat Kesar is the best to eat.(Right now me also enjoying my vacation at my parents home 🙂 ) One can use Alphonso. Always Use Ripe and Sweet Mangoes which has less Fiber in it.
- I have used Kulfi moulds but if you dont have it then one can use small cups , just wrap it with aluminium foil and insert a wooden stick.
Checkout the detailed Video recipe for Mango Malai Kulfi here….
Lets checkout the detailed recipe with step by step pictures….
In a broad vessel , take milk and allow it to boil for 15-18 mins on slow to medium flame. Keep scraping the sides too.
Take 2 tsp warm milk and soak Saffron strands when u boil the milk . .
Add malai, milk powder and sugar to boiling milk. Again cook for 5 mins more on medium flame.. Add Saffron Milk and cardamom powder.
witch off the flame. Allow it to cool completely. Then add Mangoes (add mangoes only when cooled else milk may curdle ). Use hand blender to give a smooth touch.
Pour this thicken flavorful milk in Kulfi Mould. Make sure u keep kulfi mould in freezer at least for 30 mins then only pour this milk. It will fasten the process.
Now keep in freezer for 8 to 10 hrs or overnight.
After that take it out , keep under running water and after a minute de mould .
Keep on a plate, garnish with Almond/ Pistachio slivers and serve immediately.
Mango Malai Kulfi
Delicious, Easy, Summer Special Mango Malai Kulfi
- 1 Lt Full Fat Milk
- 5 tbsp Malai (Milk Cream)
- 1/2 cup Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1.5 cup Mangoes, chopped
- few Saffron strands (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder (Optional )
- Some Almond, Pistachio slivers to Garnish
- Take 2 tsp warm milk and soak Saffron strands when u boil the milk . .
- Allow it to cool completely. Then add chopped Mangoes. Use hand blender to give a smooth touch.
- Pour this thicken flavorful milk in Kulfi Mould. Make sure u keep kulfi mould in freezer at least for 30 mins then only pour this milk. It will fasten the process. Now keep in freezer for 8 to 10 hrs or preferably overnight.
- After that take it out , keep under running water and after a minute and take it out. Keep on a plate garnish with Almond/ Pistachio slivers. serve immediately.
- Instead of Milk powder , rice flour, corn flour , or condensed milk can be used.
- Always use fully ripe and sweet mangoes with less fiber for making Kulfi .
- Blend thickened Milk and Mango only after cooled completely .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂