These Bread Gulab jamuns are so delicious that Until and unless you state that these gulab jamuns are made from Bread none can say.. I used Whole Wheat Bread for this recipe, one can use Regular Bread or Milk Bread.
- Make bread balls with very soft hands
- Allow Jamuns to soak in Sugar syrup at least for 5-6 hrs. In 2-3 hrs many says it works but i felt it tastes better after 5-6 hrs.
- Don’t Use Salt Bread. Some breads to literally salt in taste, it can ruin the final taste.
- One can use Milk Powder too. It can give more taste.
- Don’t use very old bread it may give sour taste to jamuns.
So Now Lets See The detailed Recipe
- 7-8 Slice Wheat Bread
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Saffron Strands
- 1 cup Sugar
- Ghee to fry
Take out the brown sides from Breads.. Crumble with fingures.. Add Cooking soda to it, and add Milk little by little. Don’t add at a time. Slowly add and mix it. Knead like a dough.
Grease your hands and make small balls with soft hands. One can stuff Pistachio in this Balls. Now Fry these balls on slow to Medium flame in Ghee. ( I love jamuns with flavour of Ghee, one can use oil also )If Ghee is Too hot and its high flame Jamuns may remain uncooked from center. so Fry on SLOW TO MEDIUM. Fry till Golden Brown. Dont fry it too dark.
On other side , in a pan take Sugar add 1.5 cup water and cardamom powder to it . Keep flame slow till all sugar dilutes. then on medium flame make 1 thread strong Syrup. Add saffron strands to it.
Now add all fried balls , cover the lid and cook for 3-4 mins on medium flame . Switch off the gas and allow it to cool (Or just grab a jamun and taste, me sure its yum yum)
Allow the Jamuns to soak sugar syrup nicely. At time of serving one can make it warm or serve chilled.
Hope all will love this instant sweet..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂