Mysore Masala Dosa is Different Then Normal Masala Dosa. The mysore masala dosa is spread with a spicy red chili-garlic red chutney and the potato stir fry and served with coconut chutney..
- 3 tbs Chana Dal
- 8-9 pc Dry Red Chilli (Preferably Kashmiri)
- 5-6 flakes Garlic
- 2-3 Shallots / Small Onion (One can also use 1 tsp Chopped Onion)
- salt as per taste
For the potato masala
- 3-4 Big Sized Potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped Carrots
- 1 tsp finely chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 1/6 tsp Turmeric Powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2/3 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tsp Chana Dal
- few curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Hing
Wash and cut each potato into 4 and pressure cook with 1/2 cup water for 3 whistles. Peel off the skin and Grate/Mash it well.
Heat a pan with oil and temper with the items given under ‘To Temper’..
Add chopped ginger, green chilli, onion, carrot and fry well for a minute.
Add 1/4 cup water and turmeric. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
Fry for 2-3 minutes.. Potato Masala is ready..
For Red Chutney..
Roast channa dal and red chillies in medium flame with few drops of oil. Add shallots, garlic along with and fry for few minutes. Cool down and transfer to the mixer.
Grind it to a thick, yet spreadable chutney, with a little water.
Heat dosa pan, spread the dosa batter evenly over the hot tawa, once the dosa is half cooked, add a tblsp of this chutney.
Spread it using the back of a spoon around the dosa. Add butter if you want and spread it evenly too as it melts and you can add oil alternatively.
Add 2-3 tblsp of the prepared aloo masala and its your option either to spread it slightly and fold the dosa or keep the masala and roll the dosa. No need to flip the dosa.
- Make sure to grind the chutney spicy to make the dosa perfectly spicy. Otherwise it will be like the regular masala dosa.
- Adding butter sure enhances the taste and browning, but make sure you restrict yourself with only one or two.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂